What are the different types of senior living?
The term senior living usually makes one think of nursing homes. But those are only one type. There are several types of senior living communities from which you can choose depending on the services you need.
- Independent living – In an independent living community, no care services are required, but residents are able to take full advantage of the amenities and social activities while living among their peers.
- Personal care – A step up from independent living, personal care communities like Orchard Ridge Residences provide basic assistance for those who need help with activities of daily living—i.e., bathing, dressing, and grooming—while retaining their independence. One difference between personal care and assisted living is that residents in personal care are able to self-evacuate in the event of an emergency.
- Assisted living – These communities are similar to personal care communities due to their levels of services provided. The main difference is that, in the state of Georgia, assisted living residents would receive transfer assistance from associates in event of an emergency.
- Memory care – Memory care communities are designed for seniors who are living with cognitive decline due to Alzheimer’s or another form of dementia. These are secure communities that provide structure and predictability in ways that meet the needs of memory care residents. At Orchard Ridge Residences, our stand-alone community, The Grove at Orchard Ridge, provides engagement and consistency. Read more below!
- Skilled nursing home – These are designed for residents with chronic conditions that require around-the-clock care of a nurse. Nursing homes provide medical professionals on-site at all times.
What should I ask on a tour?
When touring any community, here are some factors you will want to keep in mind.
|What to ask about||What you can expect at Orchard Ridge Residences|
Why should I choose senior living at Orchard Ridge Residences?
Orchard Ridge Residences is a personal care and memory care community. Our goal is to provide you with the support you need to continue to live as independently as possible.
Our stand-alone memory care community, The Grove at Orchard Ridge, also encourages independence while providing security and extra supervision for those battling dementia. Specially-trained staff are always ready to attend to their unique needs. We also facilitate activities fostering memory enhancement to stave off the effects of dementia.
No matter which service you require at Orchard Ridge Residences, let us handle the housework, laundry, and cooking while you relax and enjoy the full schedule of exercise, social events, and excursions into Dalton such as shopping for antiques, dining out, or taking in the arts.
How do I sign up for a tour?
Signing up for a tour is easy! Simply call (706) 259-5483 or contact us through our website to schedule a time for your visit. We are excited to show you around our lovely community. From the moment you arrive, our inviting atmosphere will make you feel appreciated and at home.
Are you looking for senior living in the Dalton, GA, area? You have found it! Contact us today to schedule a tour of your new home.